Status: Hourly, Full-time, Benefit eligible
Reports to: Plant Manager
Location: Caribou County Area
Primarily responsible for field installation, disconnect and troubleshooting of fiber, cable and DSL internet, cable TV and landline telephone including running fiber and/or copper cable and attaching it to structure. Running fiber and/or copper cable inside the structure. Wiring of fiber and copper in wall jacks and Network Interface Devices (NID). Testing phone and Internet connections after installation. Provisioning equipment. Tracking use of materials, tools & inventory. Communicating directly with customers about appointment rescheduling, pertinent information about their installation or trouble ticket and penetrating structures as needed. Educating customers in the use of our products/services and assisting with connecting of computers and devices (i.e. iPads, cell phones, gaming systems, etc.) to WIFI. Completes administrative functions in an efficient and timely manner such as paperwork and electronic documentation. Working within established policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent, higher technical education preferred
- Like-industry experience preferred
- Savvy with computer & device technology
- Mechanical aptitude
- Competency in Windows-based environment
- Standard Driver’s License, CDL preferred but not required
- Has and can maintain good driving record
- Technical Learning Agility: Picks up on technical things quickly, enjoys the challenge of learning, adapts quickly when facing new problems.
- Quality Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, sees hidden problems and takes action to solve, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers. Make good decisions based on analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Action Oriented: works hard with enthusiasm and energy with little supervision, self-motivating and driven for results, uses time effectively and efficiently, follows direction given, provides necessary information to those who need it, gives priority to administrative functions
- Customer Focused: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, acts with customers in mind, does not walk away until an issue is resolved.
- Communications: professional and courteous, good listening skills, composed in uncomfortable or stressful situations, relates well to all types of people.
Regular hours are Monday – Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM. However, overtime is expected to finish scheduled work. Must be available to respond to emergency situations such as outages. Must be available for on-call rotation for weekends and holidays. Requires routine driving over large geographic area daily.
How to Apply:
Email your resume to [email protected]. Resumes also accepted at Direct Communications Paris or Rockland Office.