Now Hiring: Network Engineer
Status: Full-time, Salary
Starting Wage: DOE
Location: Eagle Mountain
Reports to: Operations Manager
Direct Communications in Eagle Mountain, Utah is seeking a Network Engineer to join our growth-oriented Company. Direct Communications is a family owned and operated communications company located west of Utah Lake. The company began operating in Eagle Mountain in 2008 and setup to establish advanced communications services using fiber optics – Eagle Mountain is 100% fiber to the home. Direct Communications offers an excellent benefits package in a comfortable work environment.
This position is responsible for all network aspects related to our telecommunication and internet service provider (ISP) operational infrastructure. This includes responsibilities for wired, wireless, unified communications, network security, remote access, and computer infrastructure services. The incumbent is responsible for strategic planning, architecture, design, implementation, and operations of these services throughout the company.
The primary responsibilities will be designing, installing, configuration, and supporting networks for our Telecommunication/ISP infrastructure and offices. This position will be ‘hands-on’; starting with evaluating and purchasing necessary hardware and software all the way through installation and troubleshooting. Network tasks and duties are primarily located in one geographic region, which include supporting our office employee systems and applications. This position will plan and implement software, hardware, and network changes. Serves as subject matter expert in firewalls, routing/switching, traffic load balancing, broadband technologies, and technical support for installation of equipment. This position is end of line support for all customer tech support tickets, engages with offsite call or support center, and helps to plan network capacity and cost support planning.
- In depth knowledge of technologies and troubleshooting.
- Fundamental understanding of IP networks (BGP,OSPF, MPLS, and EVPN/EVI, L2VPN, etc.) and hands-on experience in building and supporting business networks. Knowledge in network/cyber security is necessary.
- Has and can maintain good driving record, standard driver’s license
- Ability to pass a drug screening.
- Must be willing to live in or near our Eagle Mountain, Utah office and must be present on-site during normal working hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications, or related technical field, however a combination of education and/or experience is acceptable
- Minimum five years of experience in managing a telecommunications/ISP infrastructure
- In-depth knowledge of network management, high availability networks and capacity planning
- Strong project and service management skills with demonstrated success in leading
- Organized, detail-oriented, careful, and thoughtful, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and delegate work assignments to staff
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Network planning, design, implementation & optimization
- Provide operational support for network deployments
- Perform installation, maintenance and upgrade of internal network and office systems
- Monitor system for trouble areas and proactively resolve and document
- Own and fulfill small to large strategic or tactical projects
- Function as a point of escalation for operational entities regarding regular or complex issues
- Perform other duties or special projected as assigned.
- Engage with vendors, service providers, and other third-parties to ensure the best technology and services are recommended and implemented
- Provide guidance for technology and equipment purchases, maintenance contracts, supplies and staff training
- Keep current on technology trends and industry-specific advances and initiate technology changes to be incorporated into Company infrastructure
- Ensure adequate business continuity and disaster recovery plan is in place for assigned infrastructure elements
- Technical Learning Agility: Picks up on technical things quickly, enjoys the challenge of learning, adapts quickly when facing new problems.
- Quality Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, sees hidden problems and takes action to solve, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers. Make good decisions based on analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Action Oriented: works hard with enthusiasm and energy with little supervision, self-motivating and driven for results, uses time effectively and efficiently, follows direction given, provides necessary information to those who need it, gives priority to administrative functions
- Customer Focused: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, acts with customers in mind, does not walk away until an issue is resolved.
- Communications: professional and courteous, good listening skills, composed in uncomfortable or stressful situations, relates well to all types of people.
Regular hours are Monday – Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM. However, extended hours maybe required to finish work related deadlines/responsibilities. Must be available to respond to emergency situations and after-hours support. Willing to travel for short-term assignments.
How to Apply:
Email your resume to [email protected]. Resumes also accepted at Direct Communications Eagle Mountain Office.