10 Reasons to Choose a Blast Router from Directcom
10 Reasons to Choose a Blast Router from Directcom
- Better Troubleshooting and Support Experience
- Enjoy a stress-free, worry-free experience with premium Wi-Fi, supported by Directcom. Most broadband service calls today are wireless-related. Without the ability to see remotely what is happening inside your home WiFi network, it can be difficult for phone support reps to diagnose your real problem devices, and this often leads to frustration and wasted time on the part of consumers and our tech support reps, while trying to troubleshoot WiFi issues. The new Blast router solves this problem because it pairs with our Fiber electronics on the side of your home to provide Directcom tech support reps with an end-to-end, remote view of your entire in-house network and all your connected devices, so we can quickly and easily diagnose and measure Wi-Fi signal strength, channel capacity, and overall Wi-Fi network performance, and solve your WiFi problems.
- The Blast simply is built better. Experience carrier-class WiFi with state-of-the-art equipment. The Blast is manufactured by the same industry leading fiber company that manufactures the electronics for our regulated fiber network, which has to comply with the highest electronics engineering standards. Your Internet service experience while using your smart devices is only as good as your in-home WiFi router. Most consumer-grade Wifi routers which you buy in retail stores do not meet our rigorous Fiber industry standards or fulfill most customer expectations, no matter what the packaging or product marketing claims.
- Economic Value
- Pay nothing up front. At only $15 a month, you get premium equipment, plus a host of included premium features to enhance your service experience. It’s a far better deal than buying and trying to manage a router yourself.
- Parental Controls
- You are the boss of the whole Internet. Take back control of your home network. You finally have the power over all the devices in your home. IT is so easy to use Blast’s ExperienceIQ feature to manage all your family’s devices and content access with our smartphone app. You can customize what is appropriate to keep your family safe online, with options to easily view web logs to see who’s been online and what websites they have visited, or blacklist websites you don’t want in your home.
- ExperienceIQ Control Features include:
- Custom settings by family member
- Screen time limits
- Usage & history
- Safe Search
- Content filtering
- Preset off times
- Device and Activity Priorities
- Network Security and Protection
- With ProtectIQ™, you will receive the internet security you need. It leverages a large cloud database of known virus and ransomware threats. By looking for the specific signatures of these threats in real-time, ProtectIQ can terminate the transfer of data before a malicious payload is delivered to any vulnerable devices in the network. As new threats are emerging daily, the threat database is continuously updated to offer protection against the latest threats. ProtectIQ is a network-level security application that works quietly in the background and proactively keeps malicious websites, viruses, and intrusion away from your home 24×7.
- Greater Coverage and Power
- With Blast Wi-Fi service, your family can say goodbye to dead spots. Blast is specifically designed to overcome interference, dead spots, and low bandwidth. With our BLAST system, your experience will be better everywhere in the house. It’s the newest technology and the best performance. We could bore you with technical specs like Beamforming, Smart Channel Selection, Dynamic Frequency Selection, Dual Band Quality of Service, 8×8 multi-user multiple input multiple output, but rest assured that all these premium features of the Blast will significantly increases range and WiFi speeds throughout your home. This means you can stream more data to multiple devices simultaneously, resulting in faster downloads and smoother streaming to each device.
- If you have a really large house or trouble spots, add our new Mesh extenders that pair with your Blast Wifi Router to provide ultimate WiFi coverage in those hard-to-reach areas of your home.
- Automatic Updates
This is worry-free WiFi. As long as your Blast router is connected to our fiber network, you will automatically receive software and firmware updates from our switch whenever they are available.
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
- Only Blast uses the brand new WiFi 6/AX standard to connect with the most power to the newest smart devices. If you purchased that off-the-shelf router you are out of luck when a new Wifi standard comes along.
- CommandIQ App
- With our newly-enhanced app, you can control your router and home network from anywhere using your smartphone, even when you are not home.
- Digital Voice home phone service
- Besides the 4 gigabit ports built into the Blast router for hard wiring to key devices, the Blast includes a regular phone jack. That might come in handy for emergencies or on those scary days when the cell towers are down. If you add Digital Voice to your account, simply plug a regular home phone into the phone input jack on the Blast Router. Directcom Digital Voice gives you reliable wired phone service loaded with great calling features and Free, unlimited nationwide long-distance. Add to your Fiber Internet in Eagle Mountain.