NOW HIRING: Technician, Rockland Idaho
Status: Part-time, Hourly
Starting Wage: DOE
Department: Plant, reporting to Regional Plant Manager
Part-time technical position which provisions subscriber internet and telephone services. Primarily responsible to troubleshoot and professionally resolve higher level service and hardware issues directly with customers regarding landlines, DSL, fiber and cable internet. Proactively monitors systems and contacts customers to offer assistance with possible service issues. Maintains overall technological savvy with strong understanding of outdated, present, cutting-edge and perspective technologies and their applicability to the business. Requires broad knowledge of organization policies, applicable hardware and software applications. Provides secondary support for field technicians with installations and confirmations and other Plant Operation projects by phone and in the field. Works closely with Customer Service Representatives and Plant Operations personnel. Participates in “on call” rotation after hours. Performs other administrative duties and projects as required by Regional Plant Manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent, computer-related field certifications preferred
- 1+ years of experience and/or training related to troubleshooting telecommunications and internet technology, systems and hardware.
- Action-oriented: accepts challenges with enthusiasm without fear and seizes opportunities, quickly identifies necessary actions to be taken and proceeds without hesitation without specific direction.
- Communications: professional, courteous, patient, diplomatic, composed in stressful situations, diffuses high-tension situations, easily builds rapport
- Decision Quality: good decision quality based upon analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment with solutions and suggestions turning out to be accurate over time.
- Technical Learning: picks up technical skills and knowledge quickly, desires to learn new technologies and technical skills.
- Time Management: uses time effectively and efficiently, concentrates efforts on the more important priorities, balances a broad range of activities.
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please include why you are an ideal candidate for this position and how your experience lines up with the job description. Resume and cover letter also accepted at Direct Communication Paris or Rockland Office.
Printable version here: Provisioning Technician