Now Hiring- Account Executive/Outside Sales
Status: Full-time, Benefit Eligible
Starting Wage: Base Wage (DOE) + Commission
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM; Evenings and weekends as needed
Travel: Frequent travel throughout SE Idaho; Occasional long distance travel
Location: Rockland Office
Reports to: Sales Manager
Primarily responsible to grow our business by working directly with businesses and governmental agencies to provide customized services to meet their needs while at the same time ensuring sustainable profitability for our Company. Thoroughly understands product offerings, regulatory impact to products and pricing, how customers use technology and use our services. Recognizes and seizes sales opportunities through effective and appropriate sales techniques. Acts as an ambassador for the Company with customers, the public, municipal entities, businesses and at community events. Helps resolve customer challenges and enhance customer relations. Cultivates strong relationships within the communities of our business including local Dealers, businesses, community leaders and customers. Understands government funding programs such as E-Rate and Rural Health Care (RHC) and how these programs fit into our business model. Works closely with Marketing, Customer Support and Field Technicians. Follows established policies and procedures while using Company programs and resources effectively.
- High School diploma or equivalent, college education preferred
- Sales/Customer service experience required
- Industry experience preferred
- Internet and technologically savvy
|Required Skills||Definition of Skill|
|Relationship Building & Professionalism||Demonstrates integrity in daily conduct, buildings trust quickly, finds common ground and overcomes challenges, composed in stressful situations, attentive listening, open to feedback without defensiveness, ability to positively influence others, cooperative, fair and honest with customers and coworkers, respectful, responsive
|Customer Focus||Dedicated to meeting expectations of customers, coworkers and management, acts in customer and Company’s best interests
|Quality Decisions||Makes good decisions based upon analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment which supports the sustainability of the Company
|Results Drive||Exceeds goals successfully, consistently a top performer, steadfastly pushes self and others for results, responds quickly to requests and exceeds established timelines
|Priority Setting / Organized||Sets objectives and goals, breaks down work into process steps, develops schedules and assignments, anticipates and adjusts for problems, spends own time and other’s time on what’s important, zeroes in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside, creates focus
|Presentation Skills||Effective in a variety for formal presentation settings (one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers and management), commands attention, can change tact midstream when something isn’t working as expected, can accurately read the client or audience and make adjustments on the fly
Additional Position Expectations:
- Cultivates complex business sales – working directly with customers, assessing their needs, providing service solutions.
- Persistently prospects for sales opportunities.
- Connects with customers within 24 hours of expressed interest by customer.
- Keeps tight timelines in quoting process with the first quote to the customer within 7 days first contact.
- All necessary information provided to Customer Support and the Plant in a clear and concise format in a timely manner.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily contact reports, weekly work plans, sales pipeline status worksheet, project tracking and monthly or annual sales strategy outline.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by management.
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please include why you are an ideal candidate for this position and how your experience lines up with the job description. Resume and cover letter also accepted at Direct Communication Paris or Rockland Office.