Status: Full-time, Salaried, Benefit Eligible
Starting Wage: Base Salary (DOE)
Department: Plant, reporting to Engineering Manager
Full-time technical position primarily responsible for creating quotes and estimates for new broadband fiber and cable installations. Works closely with Sales as proposal preparation support. Collects necessary data to assist in construction drawing preparation. May create splice diagrams and notate most desirable locations for distribution points, demarcation points, etc. Performs right-of-way and route assessments to confirm route corridor acceptability and cost-efficiency. May submit construction permits to appropriate jurisdictions. Is a contact for internet customers related to network design and performs a wide variety of administrative and technical duties. Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor degree required
- Engineering background preferred
- 2+ years of experience managing underground and overhead utility construction projects including Estimating, Scheduling, Material Acquisition, Contractor Management, Jobsite Safety, Permitting, Budgeting, and As-Built Documentation.
- Experience with telecommunications, internet and fiber network technology, systems and hardware
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Microsoft Projects.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope and change; can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, isn’t upset when things are up in the air, can handle risk and uncertainty.
- Timely Decision Making: Makes quality decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Organizing: Marshals resources efficiently and effectively to get things done, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals, sets priorities appropriately to spend time on what is most important.
- Priority Setting: Spends time on what’s important; quickly zeroes in on the critical tasks, can quickly sense what helps or hinders accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks
- Results Driven: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, is consistently a top performer, very bottom-line oriented, steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
How to Apply:
Email your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes also accepted at Direct Communications Paris or Rockland Office.