Do You Hear What I Hear? Directcom Christmas Promo 2016
This Christmas, switch to Directcom High Speed Internet, and get the new Amazon Echo Dot, plus a $150 Amazon Gift Card, Free.
NEW DIRECTCOM INTERNET CUSTOMERS:
CHOOSE YOUR SPEED. CHOOSE YOUR GIFTS.
Simply Sign up for 20Mb Cable Internet Service and get:
- Amazon Dot + $100 Amazon Gift Card
- You may choose a $150 Amazon Gift Card instead of an Amazon Dot & $100 Gift Card.
- Sign up for 50Mb Cable Internet Service and get:
- Amazon Dot + $150 Amazon Gift Card
- Customer may choose a $200 Amazon Gift Card instead of Amazon Dot & $150 Gift Card.
What can I do with an Echo Dot?
- Description from Amazon.com product page for the Echo Dot:
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more
- Amazon Echo is not required to use Echo Dot.
Call 208 548 2345 now to get your free Echo Dot for Christmas.
Already a customer? Upgrade your Internet speed and choose a free Echo Dot or $50 gift card.
Choose your gift:
- $50 Amazon gift card
- Amazon Echo Dot
- New 1 year contract required. Good payment history required.
Terms and Conditions: 50Mbps speed subscription required for free Echo Dot plus $150 gift card promo. With new 20Mb Service, offer is Amazon Dot + $100 Amazon Gift Card. Offer valid for new cable broadband service requests between Nov 16-Dec 31, 2015, only. On approved credit only. Two-year service commitment required to receive gift card or Echo Dot. New broadband subscribers only. New 20Mbps customer may choose a $150 Amazon Gift Card instead of Amazon Dot & $100 Gift Card. 50Mbps new customer may choose a $200 Amazon Gift Card instead. While supplies last. Echo will be shipped directly to new customer within 30 days of hook-up. Cable not available in all areas. 50Mbps speed not available in all areas. Call for availability.
To qualify as “new” customers, former Directcom customers must have been disconnected for at least 6 months. Regular pricing will apply: 6Mb /512k -$39.95 , 10Mb/1Mb-$49.95, 20Mb/2Mb-$69.95, 50Mb/3Mb-$89.95 . *plus applicable taxes and franchise fees. Broadband Installation is free with a 2-year commitment. Listed speeds are approximate and may vary depending on line conditions. You will be authorized to receive “up to” listed download and upload speeds. Cable service requires a modem. Direct Communications can take any action to protect our network, our rights and interests. We reserve the right to cancel or change service plan offerings at anytime without notification to subscribers. Promo item delivered may differ from image shown. Apps, games, movies, eBooks, add-ons, and media content sold separately. Directcom is not responsible for installation or support of Echo Dot. All warranties and technical support are through manufacturer. Do not return defective products to Direct Communications. See directcom.com for full terms and conditions. Echo Dot is a trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.This offer is not endorsed by Amazon.com, Inc. Directcom Broadband is not endorsed by, or in association with, Amazon.com, Inc.
What does Directcom Internet service regularly cost?
Our everyday low pricing for high speed cable internet service starts at only $39.95 a month for 6 Mbps speeds. This speed will be fast enough to enable you to watch a single HD Netflix movie online. We also offer 10Mb, 20Mb and 50Mb service, which will allow you to stream multiple high-definition movies at the same time.
Do I have to sign a contract?
To take advantage of this promo, you will need to sign a two-year internet service commitment in order to get the free gifts. We also provide you with a free install, and a free modem lease, so that you will have no upfront costs at all. You will need to commit to two years of service at your chosen speed to receive a gift card or Echo.. No downgrades during the contract term. You can choose to forgo the promo and any contract and go month-to-month and forego a contract by simply signing up at regular everyday low pricing and paying for the modem up front.
Do I have to subscribe to your cable TV service in order to get your Internet service?
No. You do not have to be a cable TV customer to get our cable Internet service. Neither do you have to subscribe to cable TV in order to qualify for this promotion. All you have to do to qualify for this promotion is sign up for our cable Internet service, and commit to a two-year service contract.
Is Directcom Broadband service available at my home?
To see if Directcom Cable Internet service is available at your home, please click on the “view larger map” icon on the top right bar of the network map below, and enter your address in the Google map interface that appears.
20 Reasons to Choose Direct Communications
- Fastest Speed in town, guaranteed.
- More reliable service–the difference is our unique rural fiber optic network which is the best Internet backbone in the state.
- Free Install
- No upfront equipment costs
- NO Caps. NO Throttling. NO Limits.
- Local techs and managers who live in your small town and respond faster to your needs.
- Your dollars go right back into improving and building out the local network infrastructure in southeast Idaho, rather than going out of state.
- Netflix Super HD
- Free WiFi
- We give back to your community, supporting schools, hospitals, 4H, sports and events that we in rural Idaho care about.
- We care because we Strive to be the Best
- Company stability – we have been a local family-owned business since 1954, and will be here for generations to come.
- No phone line needed (for cable Internet)
- Great Employees
- We are fair & honest in our dealings with our customers, employees, suppliers, and regulators.
- Nimble & Flexible due to our small size.
- We have more answers. We will strive to find answers even if it doesn’t fit into our current model.
- Consistent speeds. (See Fiber Optic Network.)
- We only serve rural southeast Idaho.
- You are our entire focus.
Can current Directcom customers qualify for this promo?
Current cable TV customers who do not have broadband with us yet may qualify for the gift card promo. Current Directcom Broadband subscribers who are out of contract may also qualify for a promo where you can receive a free gift if you upgrade to a 20Mb or 50Mb speed.
The ultimate purpose of this promo is to attract new internet customers who have never experienced the difference between our cable internet service and their current slow DSL or wireless internet.
To qualify as “new” customers, former Directcom customers must have been disconnected for at least 6 months.
What if I disconnect service/break contract within 2 years?
There will be regular termination fees plus special equipment fees to pay back the value of the free gifts you received. You will also be required to return the modem. See your contract for details.
Do you also offer home phone service?
Yes! We offer home phone service for only $24.95 a month, which includes unlimited local and unlimited long distance calling.
Leave Centurylink altogether and switch all your services to Direct Communications, your local cable company. We can provide faster speeds, and better service, at better value. For example, you can bundle Cable TV, High Speed Cable Internet, and a Home Phone with Unlimited Long Distance Calling, altogether and save.
Can I keep my current home phone number?
Yes, you can keep your current number. We will port your number from Centurylink and become your new home phone provider.
Is Direct Digital Voice different from regular land line phone from the telephone company?
Digital home phone service from Direct Communcations, a real telephone company, is delivered over your copper cable line instead of your copper telephone company line, and travels over our cable lines until it reaches a regular phone switch, where it becomes a regular phone call. You use your regular home phone to call just like you do now. The magic, and the savings, all happen in the background.
How does cable home phone service work?
You plug your existing phone into the supplied VOIP-enabled cable modem, which comes with a regular phone jack built into the cable modem, dial as usual, and we do the rest. We send your phone call digitally over your high-speed cable internet connection, to the regular national switching system. You may even keep your exising home phone number. One great benefit of digital, or IP, phone service is that you avoid having to pay all the high taxes associated with traditional land line phone.
Is cable phone service reliable?
We use all digital IP phones at our own telephone company headquarters to provide telephone service to each employee desk. Not only is it reliable, but with so many advanced features, like voicemail to email, online call screening, call management, and one-click calling, it makes using the phone fun again.
What is included in the unlimited calling?
Unlimited calling includes unlimited local calling and unlimited domestic long distance within the USA (including Hawaii and Alaska) and Canada. International calling will be charged extra on a per minute basis. Low per-minute rates on international calls are available. See our international rates here. 411 and other premium charge calling services will be extra. There are no monthly caps, but unlimited calling and other services are subject to normal use, to prevent automated robo-calls, fraud, and abuse of our unlimited calling plans and features. See our Reasonable Use Policy.
How much will I save on phone service?
You could save over $400 a year just on your local phone bill. You could also save an additional $250 or more a year on long distance service, depending on how much long distance calling you typically use on your current home phone.
What is the regular price for the phone service after the first year is up?
After the first year, your regular price for home phone service will be $24.95 for Unlimited Local & Unlimited Long Distance Calling, excluding about $2 in taxes and fees. One great benefit of digital, or IP, phone service is that you avoid having to pay most of the high taxes associated with traditional land line phone . You are free to cancel your digital home phone service at anytime.
Why is a credit check required to qualify for this promo?
We are making a significant cash investment in you as a new customer. Besides the promo items, we buy an advanced new cable internet or voice modem upfront for you and provide this to you at no cost. We also pay for the truck roll and install. We must pay dealer and employee commissions and marketing costs. Taken together, we are on average spending about $500 to acquire you as a new customer. We realize that switching internet providers involves significant hassle, effort and costs for you too, which is why we cover these switching costs by giving you an incentive to move, and make it easier for you to switch to our better service. It is a win-win for all of us in the long run—you need better internet service, and we want more customers. However, we obviously want to make sure we are making a good investment in our customers. Our Experian Vantage Score credit check system returns an average of the three major credit bureaus and is designed to approve 80% of all US residents. This is a soft-check. See http://www.experian.com/consumer-products/vantage-score.html for more information. You will have to achieve a 600 Vantagescore to qualify. (This is different from a regular credit score.)
What if I don’t qualify based on my credit history?
We will still be happy to serve you, and we welcome you as our customer. You can still enjoy the best broadband speed in town. We will not require any deposits or fees, and we will not require you to sign a contract or commitment. We will still provide you with a free install. However, you will have to purchase the modem up front, for $50. If you know your history is good and feel you should qualify, we will be happy to work with you or your bank to correct our information.
Why is Direct Communications better at streaming video than any wireless provider?
- Only Directcom offers truly unlimited bandwidth with no caps, so you can watch as much as you like, without worrying about data overage charges.
- We are the only wired network in town.
- We offer speeds up to 100Mb over fiber optic cable.
- We provide enough bandwidth power so you can watch multiple streams simultaneously on several different devices in your home.
- Our network is state-of-the-art fiber optic cable.
- Our speeds are consistent, and we typically provide the speed we advertise, not some “burstable” mythical speed that you can only get for a few seconds.
- Unlike wireless providers, your bandwidth is not shared with your neighbors, so you can all stream video at the same time and not be affected by their usage.
- We don’t throttle your speeds if you stream too much.
- We don’t put a cap on how much you are allowed to download each month.
- Our fiber-optic cable connects you directly to the national fiber backbone, with no wireless links inbetween.
- Wireless internet equipment simply wasn’t built to handle constant high-demand applications like high-definition video very well. Our engineered Fiber network was designed to stream high-definition video.
More Terms and Conditions:
You will need to commit to two years of service at your chosen speed to receive a gift card or free electronics. No downgrades during the contract term.
To qualify as “new” customers, former Directcom customers must have been disconnected for at least 6 months. Regular pricing will apply: 6Mb /512k -$39.95 , 10Mb/1Mb-$49.95, 20Mb/2Mb-$69.95, 50Mb/3Mb-$89.95 . *plus applicable taxes and franchise fees. Broadband Installation is free with a term commitment. Listed speeds are approximate and may vary depending on line conditions. You will be authorized to receive “up to” listed download and upload speeds. Cable service requires a modem.
Direct Communications can take any action to protect our network, our rights and interests. We reserve the right to cancel or change service plan offerings at anytime without notification to subscribers. Promo item delivered may differ from image shown. Apps, games, movies, eBooks, add-ons, and media content sold separately. Directcom is not responsible for installation or support of Amazon hardware. All warranties and technical support are through manufacturer. Do not return defective products to Direct Communications. See directcom.com for full terms and conditions. Echo and Dot are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc.
This offer is not endorsed by Amazon.com, Inc. Directcom Broadband is not endorsed by, or in association with, Amazon.com, Inc.